Monday, March 07, 2005

Saying Dumb Things

For those of you who know me, you are well familiar with my antics.

Amongst other things, sometimes I am prone to say really dumb stuff. A good indicator of this is a glance, look or stare that I occasionally receive from a friend, family member or colleague.


A great example of this happened today. My boss is notorious for giving me that look that says: "You're the biggest moron I've ever seen!". In my defense, he doesn't like my humor--much of it is because some of my humor is self-deprecating. Basically, I purposefully make fun of myself for humor's sake.

Today my boss brought in some wonderful chocolate for the office. It's nearing Easter, and of course that means tons of chocolate. He brought in Cadbury egg chocolates (about the size of a peanut M&M)--they're great.

Well, as he was heading out of the office, he grabbed a handful of candy. I then said: "Man, when i get married, I'm going to give my wife chocolate for the rest of her life! It has a lot of great health benefits for women!" He then gave me that look as he walked out of the office, not even cracking a smile.

Of course the unnamed health benefits I was alluding to, were that in addition to being a great source of Biotin, recent studies have shown that chocolate increases women's libido.

In my world, that means and will always mean buying my wife chocolate as long as she desires and long as we both shall live.

No comments: