Thursday, September 02, 2010

This too, must be an adventure….A work in progress

That’s right, I must view this as an adventure as well. Where am I? I’m in Philadelphia, PA, the land of rich American history.

Is it the same when I was in Erbil, Kurdistan, Baghdad or Calcutta, India? No. Is it every bit as full of life, culture and people? To love a city is to love its people. I must get out and see it more. I literally must see more of this city, more of its cracks, crevasses, nooks, alleys, parks, streets, corners, bars, stores and the like.

I’m on the cusp of something awesome here. Tremendous disappointment must breed incredible HOPE, ASPIRATION and LONGING for something greater. I must dive in and dig deep, deeper than ever before. As always to know myself, I must know God. I cannot fully know who I am until I know who he is (see accompanying tweet from 1:11 am).

@vervecam To truly know myself I must truly know my God. I’m shapeless, formless, unknown, foreign to myself. ONLY by looking into HIS face can I see my own



No comments: