Hey folks,
One of the most memorable assertions I have heard by C.S. Lewis is that pride is "the greatest sin", or "the utmost evil". He goes so far as to compare unchastity, anger, greed, and drunkenness to "mere fleabites." (Mere Christianity, Book 3)
I have chewed on this thought for years while exploring and discovering the depth and width of its claim. Whether one agrees with it or not, a thorough well researched answer is needed to assert otherwise. Such boldness by perhaps the 20th century's most recognized Christian writer could not be ignored.
Not even what we think are the most spiritual people are exempt from periodic self-examination. The deception of this affliction ensnares and even slays those on high, low, inside, and outside the church. I would dare to say that if found in the church, be very leery.
I call your attention to the following devotional on humility by A.W. Tozer which sheds light on what is almost always misunderstood and misrepresented, I would argue even by contemporary Christian writers and pastors.
Please respond with any comments.
God bless,
Tuong
No comments:
Post a Comment