It has been a really good trip. I met my friends in Istanbul and we traveled on to Diyarbakir, there was no rooms where we had our reservations, but found a nicer Hotel close by, same price. The next morning Franz and I were going to get our bus tickets, his wife, Trudy wasn't feeling well, we looked out onto the old city wall from our Hotel and they were sitting up for a fancy party, flowers, linen tablecloths, fancy food, we thought a wedding. We went and bought the bus tickets and he went his way and I went to the tourism office at the old wall and "somehow" got invited to the reception for the Governor of Turkey and was escorted up on the roof. I was introduced to several officials, and the Minister of Culture invited me to join a private tour he was giving for some of the Gov's friends. We went to the Cultural Museum, had tea with the Lt. Governor, a film crew from Ankara, and a few others. I think the Minister of Culture is a contact for us, he was the local head of Save the Children during the Kurdish Refuge time.
The trip the rest of the way in was good, at the border they did not even open a suitcase.
We have had two Believers meetings at the house here and a couple of intercessory prayer meetings. God is moving.
I have spent a couple days at the University and visiting the Hospitals. That was defiantly a cultural shock when we got home I told the girls, if I'm ever sick just take care of me here at home. My heart was so broken. The heart hospital was by far the best, but still wait until you see the pictures.
Yesterday I went on my first Kurdish picnic. We were picked up at 7:30 AM and returned at 10:30 PM we drove, three bus loads of us, 3 1/2 hours up into the mountains to the border of Iran, where the AL Quida had their camps and villages. You could not go in some areas because there are still many land mines. It was a great place to pray and I met many new people. Some higher up's have asked for meetings with me. Please pray that God will give me wisdom and direction, knowing which and who are assignments.
I have several meeting this week. I need to go to the offices here and in Aribel to find out what we have to do to get registered as an official NGO, non government organization. Please pray for favor, wisdom, a good driver/interrupter, and most of all increased sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.
Pray for the Believers here to come into unity.
Blessings to all,
D.
No comments:
Post a Comment