Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Day Away from The Office

Early Awake.

Early Commute.

Taxi driver meets me at the house as I anticipate a relaxing day.

The crisp summer air gently greets us as we quickly merge onto the thoroughfare. About ten minutes later the driver casually pulls up to the front of the hotel and promptly asks for his payment.

I hand him twelve bucks, which includes my meager $1.60 tip.

As I enter the historic hotel, I am provided with a panoramic view of its blossoming architecture and decor, reminiscent of times gone by.

I approach the concierge desk and request the location of today's event. You see my company is hosting an event today.

It promises to be an educational hodge-podge and is sure to include redundant information about pharmaceutical drugs.

Occasionally I jot down a fascinating bit of information as my interest is momentarily piqued.

Overall, the information presented, although pertinent as it may be, is of little interest to me.

So I grab a plate of freshly cooked breakfast exchanging a few stories with coworkers covering topics such as the morning commute to the latest stop on DEMOCRACA-PALOOZA 2005, Bush's latest world tour.

After eating breakfast and shooting the breeze a bit, i find a nice place to seat myself. I am quickly engaged in a carefree conversation with a cute journalist named Elizabeth.

Halfway through one speaker's presentation, we are joined by another attractive young journalist, who also covers health care.

Both of them are currently out-writing me at a breakneck pace; that combined with my boredom, explains the genesis of my morning prose.

I love days like this...

No comments: