Thursday, September 29, 2005

It's been forever, yo

Hello Dear Readers,

Yes, yes I guess I'm back.

I haven't posted for a while for whatever reason. I guess at times, I measure my success as a blogger based on the amount of comments I receive.

I now realize that I shouldn't necessarily do that. But, as a blog reader, I think it's easy to get all too used to seeing someone write their ideas and feelings day in and day out.

Does any of that make sense?

Ok, as for life lately, it's been nothing short of interesting and challenging. As most of you know I'm renting a new apartment now and have been for the past several months. I like it for the most part, although I am a 15 minute walk from the Metro. That really stinks.

I'm learning to cook on my own, pay my bills, and do laundry. Not that I didn't do it before, but once you live on your own, all of life comes into focus, no matter how blurry your life is. Things that you once thought were simple may now become complex.

Things that used to be complex are now maybe simple.

For example, grocery shopping used to not be such a big deal for me. Take the roommate over to the local grocery store, we pick out food, then split the tab.

That's not the case now. I pay for the whole darn tab on my own, and almost every night I have leftovers. Cooking for one isn't necessarily the ideal...or my ideal, for that matter.

But hey, the key is I'm growing as a person. I'm more in touch with me, the 'crummy' Cameron and the 'good' Cameron. When I come home at night, I can hear myself think.

After living in DC for a year, that comes as a welcome relief in some ways. But, now that I have time to think, there's also more to ponder, more to discuss and more to be happy about or be depressed about.

In general, life really comes out at you--no matter how dull or exciting it is.

Life is compelling, and sometimes I find it hard to argue with life.

Other times, I realize that I control a large chunk of how my life is and turns out--in that case I MUST ARGUE with life. I must let it know how I feel and where I am.

I guess this could be summed up as a dialogue with God.

I need to listen better, apparently.

2 comments:

Michael said...

It's been far too long, dude.

Lesa said...

I miss you! We need to talk soon--sounds like we are going through very similar issues in life. :) So glad you posted!