Passion unveiled
So, I just got out of the Passion..What to say..
Incredible. I've never been to a movie where 50% of the audience stayed glued to their seats in silence, until the last credit rolled by. Well, those days are over. This is the quietest I've ever heard a theater. At the end of the movie, slowly but surely..row by row, people began filtering out of the theater.
The Passion isn't so much a story, as it is an experience. When I watched it, I was there. I'm still trying to cope with this feeling inside; a heavy, deep one I can't quite explain. Thinking about those piercing, bloody eyes of Christ staring back at me. This is my hero; the one who took it all for me, as well as the thieves on the cross. The one who was not only God, but also fully human. Human enough to joke with his mother, to splash water on her face in a funny gesture. Human enough to trip and fall on his face as a young boy, dependent on a mother's loving help.
One of the most powerful scenes to me, was Jesus on the road to Golgotha. He was carrying his cross, and fell to the ground. The mother, now helpless to lend a hand to her ailing son, reached out to comfort him, remembering the times of his youth.
I strongly encourage everyone to spend the $10 bucks to see this movie. Mel Gibson has effectively deserted his status in Hollywood, all for the sake of Christ, and for that he deserves our support.
After seeing something such as this: what sort of man will I choose to be?
No comments:
Post a Comment