Monday, May 03, 2004

The MOVE

Hey everyone!

Sorry it's been a while. I had an awesome weekend. My friend Gary and I just moved into our new pad this weekend!

I really feel like it's the place where I'm meant to be, and I actually felt at home. I even feel like I'm supposed to be on this street! Can you believe that?

We really like it. I'm not overstating things or bragging when I say we have a TON of room in our house. That's good for the both of us because most of last year, each of us lived in fairly small rooms at our respective residences.

I'm in a very ethnically/socially diverse area of town. I'm earning my "diversity badge," if there is one. I really like the folks around me so far. We have a few neigbors that have happily introduced themselves to us, and made us feel welcome to the neighborhood. We had some friends over on Saturday night, and sat around, had some drinks and hung out. It was a good time, and a great feeling knowing that this is "our place" and that we're responsible for it.

I feel like the King of the Jungle, personally! I'm sure Gary would think otherwise, but at least I'm in charge of my room. Mess and all.

I put up the first painting in our 20 yard long hallway. It's an original painting of the beach, and a little smaller than a piece of paper. It was painted by a guy who lived or lives in Port Isabel, Texas. It's so relaxing to look at the ocean, you know?

OH and our walk to the metro is about 3 minutes (the shortest yet) and my actual train ride will be about 15 minutes max. Woohoo.

That's all for now; I hope that life is treating everyone as well as I'm being treated right now.

Hope you've been enjoying my blog lately. Please feel free to 'opine' as mr. o'reilly so clearly puts it!

Cameron

No comments: