That's where I am right now. I'm nestled in the Sangre De Cristo mountains here in NE New Mexico.
I'm enjoying my time out here with my parents and my friend Chad. Oh yeah, Sugar too. Sugar is my parent's new dog. She is a miniature doberman pincer. She is one of the fiestiest, cutest, yet most annoying dogs I know. Long firm legs pounce from here to there, on top of me and below me.
you always have to watch out with this one, that you're not stepping on her.
SO for today, we plan to go to Taos, New Mexico. Taos is an artsy town just north of Red River. It is known for it's skiing, good cuisine, as well as it's wonderful artisans. Several years ago, I was in Taos with my family and we found a wonderful artist who made pottery.
So, being the coffee connoisseur that I am, I bought some mugs. These weren't just any mugs, they were hand crafted and born in the fire. This artist, Peter Dugan [where have you moved to?], puts lots of care into these mugs. They are created using New Mexico red clay [same kind used by Virginia Woolf her artwork], then fire glazed and dried. My particular mugs don't have handles, but they have nice indents in the side, where you can place your hands. This allows for a good grip of the mug, which by the way, gets very hot, once you add coffee into it. They are beautiful. I have about 3 or 4 of them and wouldn't trade it for the world. Apparently Peter has moved away now and is nowhere to be found. I need his artwork, man!
So much for the joys of coffee and muggery.
Hope to see you on my blog again soon.
Over and out,
Cameorn
No comments:
Post a Comment