Sunday, January 02, 2005

Great Week

Here we are. Catapulted into the next new year.

I'm pretty excited about 2005, and the prospects that lie ahead of me. I hope and pray that my desire for God in 05 outgrows my desire for him in 2004.

This past week was pretty awesome. As you saw a few days ago, I was in New Mexico with my parents and my friend Chad. It was a wonderful time and a nice opportunity for my life to slow down a little, and slow down it did. My mom cooked us a home cooked breakfast every day. Super yum. Ladies, please take notice. :)

I just got back into down tonight. I spent New Year's Eve and day in Dallas with my friend Chad and his former roommate Blake. We went out on the town last night and saw what Dallas had to offer. Nothing major, just tons of A & M fans preparing for the big game (cotton bowl). We ended up at this quaint and mellow bar that had an acoustic duo playing on the guitar.

This afternoon I hung out with a new friend, L. L went to school with my friend John at Mizzou. He introduced me to her when he found out that I was going to Dallas. She and I went shopping this afternoon as well as saw the movie "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou". Great flick, but better yet hanging out with a new person. I really enjoy meeting new people and spending time with them, especially when you hit it off. Seriously.

Think about this..If you meet someone, and you instantly connect (whether it be romantic or not), you take something away from that experience. There is something that you cannot shake that you remember about that person, and in essence, you take a piece of them with you. In this case, I noticed that L is a very carefree person and I admire her for that. Naturally, our time spent together was carefree and very enjoyable.

Now from carefree back to DC. I hardly can describe my time in Washington as carefree, more like surreal. I don't know how exactly, but living there is almost undescribable. Really good sometimes, and really rough at the same time. Very difficult for me to expound on at times without getting into a big time metaphysical conversation.

I don't want to go back to work on Tuesday. How's that for deep? I've been enjoying my 11 day break from Washington and all that it holds.

A few things I'm excited about this next year:

My walk with God and where it takes me

My career

World Travels, and other hobbies: maybe taking voice lessons and get involved in the performing arts

Possibility of a romantic relationship

Getting a new place to live, along with new stuff--such as artwork, audio/video items

Saving money (how exactly?)



No comments: