I'm a firm believer that tragic days like today are strategic opportunities for human beings to be introspective.
It's a hot and hazy day here in Washington, DC and I just can't keep from thinking right now. SO much is going on the world today, and I certainly feel like a bit of fizz has gone out of my bubble.
This is good. It makes me wonder what's important in my life. It makes me evaluate my friendships and relationships, and think just as John Mayer puts it so well:
Everybody is just a stranger but
That's the danger in going my own way I guess it's the price I have to pay
Still "everything happens for a reason"
Is no reason not to ask myself
If I am living it right?
Am I living it right?
Am I living it right? Why Georgia, why?
How adequately he captures human emotion here. If we'll admit it for a moment and be honest with ourselves and others, we like to think that we've got it all together.In reality we don't. We're empty souls moping along through life searching for happiness or fulfillment, and much of the time finding neither one.
That's why in times like this I'm thankful that my God loves me and that he has my best interests at heart. I can talk to him and he'll talk back to me. I'm not alone in all this, and I'm certainly not without hope right now.
What a friend Jesus really is to me.
Hug a good friend today. Pass along an encouraging word to somebody.
Be glad to be alive, because every minute left we have here on earth is one more minute we have to make things better.
Take care out there!
Cameron
No comments:
Post a Comment