Sunday, March 14, 2004

THE EVE

of many new things.
the eve of a new job, and potentially new career.
the eve of a new day, a new chapter, a new page in my life.

sitting.

that's what I'll be doing tomorrow at my new place of employment.
sitting, working and contemplating all that God has for me.

listening. watching as the Metro train scurries its way through town, and my heart searches for its new place. faces all around me. many hurts and pains mingle all around me.

still, I wonder..who I am in a midst of many people. surely my niche will be carved. surely my life will begin to make sense.

can I clear my lenses? what would I see? do I have the guts to see what's inside of me?

May my heart be found in God. May all my inadequacies, fears, secret hurts and longings be wrapped up in his arms.

Can I really let these things go?

No comments: