Friday, June 18, 2004

Keep it or Not?

Hey everyone,

I hope that this week finds all of you happy and excited about life.

My week has been fairly interesting. I went to a mostly bland, Bush fundraiser the other evening. It had food and drinks, and a very nice view of the city. It was on the 9th floor of a building in downtown DC, and I could see almost everything from there.

Today has been a pretty slow day at work, with not much going on. Both of my bosses are out of the office today.

I'm trying to catch up here, and get my weekend prepped.

I am also contemplating getting rid of my beloved green pontiac grand am. Yes, due to the exhorbitant amount of money that DC is sucking out of me, via parking tickets, I think it might just be time to be done with this. My mother has graciously offered to come out to DC, with my younger sister Kristen, and take the car out of my hands. The next move hopefully, would be to sell my car. I would hate to see it go, but it may be my only option.

It would be very very nice to see my mom and kristen, and we would have a blast hanging out. Pretty much the only way my family will come see me! We've been looking for an excuse for them to come out here and visit me, and this would be a great one.

By the time I pay off my last parking ticket, I will have spent around $600 on parking tickets, registration, license plates, parking sticker, inspection, etc.

Can you believe that? I could've bought 2 suits by that time, for the same price.

What a shame!

I hope all of you have an awesome weekend. I'll spend part of it, contemplating ditching my car. Fortunately, I have the Metro system (subway) here. It happens to be very convenient, most of the time.

I guesss we'll see what happens. This decision is pending.

C'est la vie (whatever that means),

Cameron

No comments: