Thursday, June 03, 2004

Opera among Other Things

Tuesday night was my first experience with the opera.

I and my wonderful date saw La Traviata at the Kennedy Center. The beauty of this is that the both of us had never been to an opera before. This made it especially wonderful. We saw many fascinating folks there.

I bumped into my old roommate Nate and his girlfriend Maria, and I happened to see Senator Pete Domenici, a republican senator from New Mexico [as an intern in the senate in 2003, I had the privilege of seeing Sen. Domenici deliver his 12,000th floor speech. he joined a very small and elite group that day]

Other news:

Last night my friend john and I went to Sparky's Espresso Cafe in the Columbia Heights neigborhood of DC. I love that place! My friend Andrew, or as I call him: Droid (short for Android) is the person who introduced me to this place. Lo and behold, Droid called me while I was there--and I said "guess where I am?" He knew it. Amazing.

So, my buddy John and I each enjoyed our own vanilla chai. It was good. We stumbled into a game of Scrabble, which I won. My score was 237 points! An all-time record high for Cameron Crawford!

We enjoyed getting to know a few of the random souls that were in the coffee shop. The patrons were even kind enough to let us borrow a pen.

I also met the best speller of all time. her name was Katherine and she could spell any word John or I could come up with.. Simply amazing. She even spelled 'obfuscate' correctly, and helped us out a little with our Scrabble game. Go figure! But--she is not a world capital memorizing master, as I am!

Enough of my silliness. I hope all of you find yourself having a lovely day today. I'd like to be more diligent on writing on this blog, but for now--this is it.

Also, Please POST your comments. Anything, even a shout out is fine!

Take care of yourselves in that 'wild world' out there.

Chow,

Cameron



No comments: