Okay. I just saw this movie on a recommendation from a friend.
If you see this movie, be ready to have your emotions toyed with.
I found this movie to be uber depressing. Namely because it seemed to be a constant reminder of my ex. Let's call her A.
This movie was about a person who wants their memory erased. Good times, bad times, exciting times. All the times spent with a person, including all reminders of them erased.
It made me think of A, and how I would never want her erased from my memory. No matter how much pain, hurt or desire seems to be there, I don't care. She doesn't need to be erased right now.
To place yourself in the film: Imagine if someone you once cared about or still care about deeply had you erased completely from their memory. That would probably be painful.
Part of me, and I'm sure most folks think: I should sign up for that memory erasing procedure. IF I could just get rid of this or that. Man, that would be such a cop out. To have someone erased from our memory, would be to ease our pain, instead of facing it head on.
You know those movies where people get to take a 2nd try at things and it seems to work? That was this movie! Does that ever happen in real life? Is there really a chance of A and I getting back together? Are we that crazy to try?
This movie showed me the utter importance of our memories. Memories should serve as guideposts, or teachers. It is there to remind us of beauty, love, pain, exhilaration, and despondency. Without these emotions, life would be empty. Sometimes even with all these, life seems empty.
I guess I recommend this movie, of course with one caveat. IF you, like me, have an ex that you still find amazing and intriguing, just be careful before you see this movie. It will have you wanting to dial that person's number, just to hear their voice.
"Could we ever try this again? Could we give it another round?"
"Meet me at Montauk!"
Cameron
No comments:
Post a Comment