Thursday, April 01, 2004

Poetry from my Friend Edith

Just say the word.
Say the word and I’ll be healed.
Say the word and I’ll fly.
Say it and I’ll be the noblest of royalty.
Say it and I’ll be the loveliest of women.
Say it and I’ll be glad to be alive.
I’ll thank the world for rejecting me if you accept me.
I’ll wear the gown for you, braid my hair and put on the shoes.
I’ll lift my head up high, eyes shining like jewels.
Fear will have no hold on me.
No one could take away what you say about me.
My mother and father could strike me and no marks would remain.
My brother and sister could steal my possessions
but they could never steal my heart from you.
My friends can forget about me, leave me to die,
but I’ll have eternity to look forward to.
Prayers can be silenced, but my heart will shout your name.

-please visit her awesome blog at:

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=speed0rama

No comments: