I had an interesting trip to work this morning on the metro.
In happy form, I boarded the yellow line towards Mt. Vernon in Washington DC. Seeing that there was no room for me to sit, I obligingly stood against the wall for my trip. I stared at the joyous people sitting down, who were thinking about the comfort of their seats, as I braced myself for the morning rush.
Just a few stops into my ride, and a man in his blue collar type work uniform boarded the train. He was getting off work, apparently and heading home, as the rest of us head to work. He pulls out his cell phone, calls up a buddy and starts talking away. Not just chatting, but WHOOPING, and YEAHing his buddy, in a loud manner reminiscent of Howard Dean. It was clear that this man was EXTREMELY HAPPY to talk to his friend, to the slight dismay of myself and a few other passengers.
It turns out this was his Vietnam buddy. Can you imagine going 20 years without talking to an old friend? Well this guy can attest to such a momentous occasion..
He quickly hung up the phone, apparently having set plans to meet up with the old buddy. This guy was so happy, he was looking at people saying: "Man, I haven't talked to him since Vietnam! I can't wait to see him, you know?"
My sour notedness quickly ended when I realized what a good time this guy was having. IF you could've connected electrical wires to his face, he could've lit up the entire strip in VEGAS. He was stoked!
Lesson to be learned:
You NEVER know when your day may come. You could be on a date, in the middle of a wedding, or bored at work--and then BAAAM!
Just like that, your day could turn on a dime, and you too could unabashedly make a happy little fool out of yourself in front of an unexpecting crowd!
Until Next Time America,
Cameron
No comments:
Post a Comment