Surrounded in a world of faceless images,
She struggles to know the truth of her existence.
Driven by the desire to be beautiful,
She forgets who she really is…
The mirror she holds in her hand reflects the images of a broken beauty queen,
But, when she looks past the sparkle and shine,
all she remembers is the pain and memories of her ugly past.
Behind her sad eyes, lies a rare beauty, pure and untouched.
A beauty incomparable to the beauty this world offers.
So broken and used, she feels unworthy of any love someone could give, but
in her heart she feels the beating heart of her Maker embracing her,
reminding her that she is beautiful; whispering to her gently and sweetly,
I am captured by you.
You are the prize I run for.
You are a breathtaking sight of beauty,
You are a woman worthy of My love freely given,
I am captured by you.
By Andrea Nichols, 3/28/2004
No comments:
Post a Comment