It really was a great weekend.
Let's start with Friday night. I went out with a few friends to Georgetown, where we met up with my buddy's old school mates from college. We proceeded to eat and hang out on the town as is the custom there.
Saturday I went to an awesome wedding. My friend Jon married a lovely girl named Lori. They actually met in our community group about a year ago. It's been great to watch them fall in love...and of course the rest is history.
The wedding was Episcopal in nature. Very interesting. I haven't been to an Episcopal wedding before and I found it rather fascinating. It definitely requires audience participation, with the priest and then the audience's response.
Halfway through, Jon's father an ordained christian minister, delivered a great sermon on marriage. He tackled marriage as a unit, and expounded on the importance of laying down your life for your mate. It was awesome. I especially enjoyed it knowing that there were many non-christians in attendence, and they got to hear the word of God in a clear, crisp and convincing manner.
Later that night there was an after party with dancing and the whole bit. The groom sang to his wife and everyone went nuts. Very fun to watch!
Yesterday I went to my first baseball game at Camden Yards in Baltimore. The Orioles whooped the dear Texas Rangers (one of the few times you'll see me Rooting for texas, besides the Dallas Cowboys). We then hung out in the inner harbor of Baltimore and looked at the ships and the history, then ate some seafood.
Wonderful and costly weekend.
Then I come to work today and things are fairly slow. I'm kinda enjoying this, and I'm greatly appreciative of my bosses for hiring me!
One more week of house sitting. Things are going pretty well in Northern Virginia. Nothing out of control.
That's all for now.
Until next time America...
P.S. If you could care less about what I do on the weekends, please let me know and I'll try not to bore you!
CAMERON
No comments:
Post a Comment