No profound thoughts today.
Only Hurricanes and other natural phenomenon. Pray for my buddy John, because he was asked at the last minute to go to Florida to cover the hurricanes for his news network. Crazy, huh?
He may join that band of journalists down there who venture out into dangerous weather (on command from higher ups), so that we can sit at home and watch the storm roll in.
Maybe some how this assignment will be postponed and he won't have to go. I would prefer that to seeing my friend on tv in the middle of big storms.
Doesn't sound like too much fun, but then again--it sure beats the heck out of a traffic jam. I'm from Oklahoma, and we have these things called tornadoes. They are one of the most deadly naturally occuring phenomena.
Keep in mind, the highest wind ever recorded on planet earth, was a twister that ripped through Oklahoma on May 3, 1999. The category 5 or 6 tornado reached the maximum wind speed of 317 mph.
So, anyone excited about the Olympics? They start tonight at 8 pm ET on NBC. Apparently this year's Olympic coverage will be the best, since they've been televised. I think NBC will air around 1,300 hours of the Olympics. I think it would take around 3 weeks straight of watching the Olympics to catch all the coverage.
They will even cover sports like Badminton, so they yuppy types don't feel left out as they sip on their tea. I guess this is pretty exciting stuff. Me personally, I'm looking forward to the Opening Ceremonies tonight. Those Greeks aren't kidding around.
They are employing around 12 to 18 ceremonial virgins to accompany the Olympic flame, thus giving this year's games a 'very old school' touch.
The Olympics are getting in touch with it's deep historical and cultural roots. Should be very interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment