Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Third Day on the Job

Call me house sitting man!

Yep. I'm about a quarter of the way finished with my new house sitting gig. It lasts for 2 weeks.

So far, I've survived the cat in the house. The cat "Mr. Speaker" may argue that he's survived me! All in all, it's been well. Lots of peace and quiet, and comfy spaces.

No dinner parties yet. We'll see about that one. Most of all, I'm enjoying being back in good ol' Virginia. I think VA has that affect on people; it's just nice and quiet with cute little families driving minivans. Don't forget the white picket fences.

The house I'm staying in, could be an advertisement for Pier 1 in my opinion. It is very well decorated. The back yard has a fountain in the middle, well trimmed and manicured flowerbed. A gravel walkway leading to the tall wooden fence. The backyard also has a picnic table with a few chairs and an umbrella.

Last but not least--it's got a screened in porch with a dangling swing inside.

Enough babbling, huh?

One of my friends, John--is considering starting a blog himself. I encouraged him to use his talents for his own site. I for one would be a daily fan of his musings.

That's really it for now. I'm enjoying a homemade ham sandwich for lunch.

I give props to all my friends who are dining at delicious restaurants here in DC right now. If they could be scarfing down a ham sandwich like me, then they would be in business..

My work is interesting right now...One of our companies is being investigated by the NY Atty. Gen. Not really fun when your organization is representing folks who are getting all this bad press.

Folks like my boss have already started the Damage Control.

Let the games begin!

C'est la Vie,

Cameron



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you are bored, try this trick with mr. speaker: put a piece of tape on the bottom of its paws and watch how he reacts. it's pretty entertaining. can you tell i'm not a cat person? the tape doesn't hurt them, but it's fun to watch!

edith