Pay it Forward
Man, I really forgot just how good this movie is.
Last night, my room mate and I watched this flick again. It may have been his first time seeing it, I think.
I was really amazed at how much power a child possesses. It really confirmed for me some of the sayings of Christ. Christ made several references to children during his ministry, and many of them were to the chagrin of adults. Christ highlights the honesty and simplistic nature of a child, and how this is relevant to adults who want to inherit the Kingdom of God.
The kid in the movie was played by Haley Joel Osment. He did a wonderful job in Pay it Forward. I know the movies something like 3 years old, but man what a performance! Hasn't he won an Oscar or something?
I liked the fact that this kid was brutally honest. At one point in the movie, he turned to his teacher, played by Kevin Spacey and asked him: "You just don't care, do you?"
He was constantly challenging adults. Not that I'm recommending that children back talk or disrespect their elders, because I'm not. He was able to point out the blind spots in several people's lives.
And for that--this kid was able to change his world. The adults in his life, were riveted to the core by his challenges.
I did everything I could not to cry my head off during this flick. Very touching.
Also touching, and Highly Recommended Movie: Radio. This movie has Cuba Gooding, Jr. in it. Very touching as well.
When I watched it, earlier this year, it imprinted in my heart a desire to change the world, or at least try. I think it may do the same for you too.
No comments:
Post a Comment