Good afternoon fellow Americans and Russians.
I'm excited to report that my blog is being viewed now in Russia. An acquaintence of mine living in Moscow is now able to view this page.
Due to my recent blog changes, I was unable to save her, or your comments. Apparently when files transfer it doesn't keep them.
This past weekend was a good one for me. Saturday afternoon I hung out at my friend's pool all day. Hopefully I'm a tanner man now.
Saturday evening I went out with my friend to a charity event. Charity meaning ten bucks to get into a night club type place in Georgetown. The money went to a good cause, of which I am not familiar. This party was very interesting to me, because my friend and I were in the minority. It was mainly attended by young, talented and attractive people of Indian descent. Many of them were doctors, law students, and the like.
I was fascinated some traditional dancing I saw. They were pumping out some loud Indian music. It had a wonderful beat, by the way. And this well turbaned Sikh man was dancing with a young lady. The crowd was gathered round as they put on a show for everyone.
My friend and I were breathless, because this is the sort of things you see in movies. Very festive and well coordinated.
The rest of my weekend was splendid too. Yesterday, I settled into my new abode. I'm housesitting for a coworker for a couple of weeks. The house is wonderful and comfortable, located in a great neighborhood in Alexandria, Va.
I'll be commuting in my car for the next couple of weeks, which should be a nice break from the metro. Not to mention the peace and quiet of living alone for a couple of weeks. I'm sure my roomie will enjoy having our pad all to himself as well.
That's all for now.
Please keep reading and commenting. I appreciate and enjoy your thoughts.
As always, if you'd like to contribute via personal story or anecdote, please let me know.
That's it for now.
Cameron
2 comments:
you can't tell if you're tanner, cameron? i think at least your forearms have built-in sunblock! ;) stay away from the minivans in alexandria...--edith
Post a Comment