Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Summer Reads, Summer Doldrums


I'm not too busy here, hence the title of the current post. Blogging has it's ups and downs you know. For the most part, blogging is an extension of the writer. Writers such as myself, amateur or not, also go through highs and lows in their lives. Between those times there are blah times.

We all know what that means. Life isn't terrible, yet not terribly exciting either. That describes my current state, which is why i'm thinking about not blogging for a while.

I finished up house sitting this weekend. Things went really well. I had a couple of my buddies over to the house. We enjoyed ourselves by watching a few movies.

If you're into major violence, I recommend the Kill Bill volumes. By no means could one hope to glean morality from these films. There is a ludicrous amount of violence in them. But if you're into violence on the tube as well as some well coordinated stunt scenes, then you may be interested in these flicks.

My bosses get back this week from vacation. One of them just got back from Europe: England and Belgium specifically. This is funny: yesterday he was walking around the office passing out Belgian chocolate. It was sooo good.

Anyway, enough for now.

The summer's almost over, and here are Cameron's Summer Reads (many of them include books that I just haven't quite finished yet)

Fiction Books:

The Sun Also Rises, By Ernest Hemingway (I just don't get this guy sometimes)
The Music School, a collection of short stories by John Updike (very americana and dang good)
The Screwtape Letters, by C.S. Lewis

Non Fiction:

What Went Wrong? The Clash between Islam and Modernity: by Bernard Lewis
Focal Point: a self-help/leadership book By Brian Tracy

Books I've recently bought, but haven't read:

The Arabists: By Robert D. Kaplan
Nearer My God, an autobiography of faith: By William F. Buckley, Jr.
Slander: by Ann Coulter (i read half of it a couple of years ago)

Magazines:

The Atlantic Monthly: I am a current subscriber, thanks to my work
National Review: the awesome conservative magazine founded by William F. Buckley, Jr.
The New Yorker: a bit ridiculous on the liberal side of things, but nonetheless it has good articles at times

Newspapers:

Daily I do my best to read The Wall Street Journal, New York Times and some of Washington Post. I also occasionally pick up the Washington Times.

That's all for now.

Thanks for your readership! I hope to have some political satire for you by mid-fall from a friend of mine.

Hugs!

Cameron


No comments: